Jakob Korherr, MSc
Software Engineer at Google.
Living in Zurich, Switzerland.
From Vienna, Austria.
- since 2015: Google, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2014: Google Software Engineering Internship, Kirkland, Seattle, USA
- 2009-2015: IRIAN, Vienna, Austria
- 2011-2015: Credit-Suisse, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2005-2011: EPOS4.at
- 2005-2009: Various internships and freelancer projects.
- 2012-2015: Software Engineering and Internet Computing (MSc), Vienna University of Technology
- 2009-2012: Software and Information Engineering (BSc), Vienna University of Technology
- 2003-2008: Higher technical college for EDP and organisation, St. Pölten
- 2010-2015: Apache MyFaces committer and PMC member
- 2011-2015: JSR 344 – JSF 2.2 expert group member
- 2010: JSR 314 – JSF 2 extended expert group member
publications and talks
- 2015: master thesis – RESTful web applications with reactive, partial server-side processing in Java EE
- 2014: bachelor thesis – Evaluation of State-of-the-Art resource handling in JavaServer Faces based web applications and development of an enhanced resource handler for JSF 2.
- 2011-2013: Three lectures about JavaServer Faces 2 at Vienna University of Technology (guest speaker)
- 2012: CDI für Rich Clients: Article in the print version of Eclipse Magazine (issue 4.12,
pages 90-97, in German).
- 2012: Introduction to web security talk at CONFESS.
- 2008: diploma thesis – SASIII: Development of a Java/JSF application.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (Java 1.5)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Cambridge Business English Certificate
- Google Summer of Code mentor, 2010 and 2011
- iCTF 2011 – member of the winning team, 2011
- Excellence scholarship, Vienna University of Technology, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014
- Austrian Red Cross, Waidhofen/Thaya (paramedic, driver)
- Fire brigade, Frühwärts (respiratory protection, radio operator, squad leader)
- software development
- IT security
- large scale distributed systems
- computer languages and abstract machines
- indie music – arctic monkeys, kasabian, the kooks, bloc party, muse and many more
- TV series – how I met your mother, the simpsons, chuck, the big bang theory,…
- playing the guitar
- snowboarding, skiing
- basketball, slackline, soccer